fairyschild asked: i tag you! xx rules: in a text post, list 10 books that have stayed with you in some way. don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard - they don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just the ones that have touched you. tag 10 friends, including me, so I’ll see your list. make sure you let your friends know you’ve tagged them!
- A Fine and Private Place, Peter S. Beagle
- I Capture the Castle, Dodie Smith
- The Three Loves of Persimmon, Cassandra Golds
- The Owl Service, Alan Garner
- Lud-in-the-mist, Hope Mirrlees
- Prospero’s Children, Jan Siegel
- The Wind in the Willows, Kenneth Grahame
- The Children of Green Knowe, L.M. Boston
- The Windsinger, William Nicholson
- Dreamhunter, Elizabeth Knox
1. 1984, George Orwell
2. Dandelion Wine, Ray Bradbury
3. A Horse and His Boy, C. S. Lewis
3. Little Women, Louisa May Alcott
4. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Jonathan Safran Foer
5. Anne’s House of Dreams, L. M. Montgomery
6. Persuasion, Jane Austen
7. The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
8. On the Road, Jack Kerouac
9. To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
10. Catcher in the Rye, J. D. Salinger.
These laws are an embarrassment to our country. The evidence is overwhelming that Stand Your Ground laws lead to more murders and worsen systemic racial discrimination.
Most important NFL commercial to date!
this is actually perfect
uhm. im crying. oh my god.
I still can’t believe it’s 2014 and this is still the name of a football team.
This is, hands down with no exaggeration, one of the most inspiring and heartfelt collections of advice I have read.
"They say that you’re supposed to stand up to bullies, but there’s not much you can do when the whole class is like that."
“Why do they make fun of you?”
“Let’s see. My weight, obviously. The fact that I read for fun. Mostly sci-fi and fantasy. I watch Nova. I don’t like sports. You know those loud, obnoxious kids you see hanging out in groups, screaming at people? That’s my whole school.”
“So what do they do to you?”
“Just yell at me and throw stuff at me. But I am proud of one thing. Most kids who get picked on completely spaz out at some point, and get violent. That hasn’t happened to me yet.”
Oh my heart.
I love this guy. I want to be friends with him.